|Course title:|| Emergency First Aid for Sport
|Award / accreditation:||ATS certificate|
|Course duration:||1 day (7 hours per day inc. breaks/lunch)|
|Course suitability:||This training course is suitable for all sports coaches and instructors who have a duty to their performers, athletes or team participants. The content can and will be adapted to suit the Sport, pursuit or activity the group undertakes. This includes but is not limited to Rugby, Netball, Football, Cricket, Tennis, Swimming and aquatic sports, outdoor and adventurous activities, even BMX, ultimate frisbee and waterskiing!
Not you? Click here…
|Course syllabus:||• Legal aspects
• Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
• Unconscious casualty (inc. recovery position)
• Managing bleeding and minor injuries
• Trauma including head injuries, spinal injuries, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains.
• Breathing conditions including asthma and hyperventilation
• Circulation problems including shock, heart attack, diabetes and dehydration
•Functional testing to decide fitness to play.
|Qualification validity:||3 Years|
|Assessment method:||Externally assessed practical (no written exam)|
|Maximum attendees:||15 attendees (subject to space)|
|Course Price includes:||• A5 First aid manual – each
• Free annual skills update Training
• Free ongoing advice and support
• Free replacement certificates if lost
• Discount on re-certification and other training with ATS